Green Ballast installation is simple and economical.
Green Ballast is designed to set and install quickly, very much like a standard ballast. The fixed level reduction dip-switch control can be preset right out of the box.
The compact daylight sensing photocell is inserted through a ¼" drilled or punched hole in the ceiling, or through a drilled hole in a surface or suspended fixture. The photocell is then secured by a room side flanged hex nut and a plenum side pressure clamp. No additional adjustments, low voltage wiring, or remote controls are required. Green Ballast does not require any light measuring or adjustments to “commission” the system.
- The Green Ballast is a Rapid Start ballast and requires non-shunted sockets.
- Strip out old ballast and shunted socket ends.
- Pre-assemble Green Ballast and non-shunted sockets.
- Set the dipswitch for desired fixed level dimming.
- Securely mount new Green Ballast.
- Connect the wires per appropriate wiring diagram. Assure proper ground.
- Photocell installation procedures:
For recessed fixtures:
- Punch a hole in the ceiling tile 4"-6" from fixture.
- From above, attach spring retaining clip and washer to photocell housing. Slimline fit with nylon fastener.
- Insert photocell through the ceiling tile.
- For AX232B120 only: Screw flange-nut onto photocell below the ceiling tile. The flange-nut should be positioned just above the point where photocell-housing threads become visible.
- Locate best position and drill fixture to locate photocell
- If fixture is next to window locate the photocell in the fixture opposite the window.
- Install lamps and turn on or cycle power to start ballast.
Dip switch settings (Approximate percent of full light output)
GB2T832DHB Wiring Diagram
GB3T832DHB Wiring Diagram
GB4T832DHB Wiring Diagram
AX232B120/277 Wiring Diagram
- Ballasts require the use of non-shunted sockets (lamp holders)
- Lamps must be F32 watt. GBI does not warrant the use of 25 and 28 watt lamps intended for use in 32 watt fixtures at this time
- Ballast must be wired as shown on the wiring diagrams
- Determine the FC light needed and set the fixed DIP switch to achieve the level of FC needed directly below the first installed fixture and set the remaining ballast the same.
Additional product installation and spec sheets
- GB2T832DHB wire instructions
- GB3T832DHB wire instructions
- GB4T832DHB wire instructions
- AXS 120/277 spec and wire instructions